The main components of the Information Technology system are:
a. Hardware (Hardware)
It is a physical computer device. Hardware is divided into four, namely:
- Input Device: That is the device used to enter data. Examples: Keyboard, mouse, microphone, and camera
- Processing Unit: Commonly referred to as the CPU (Central Processing Unit). The center or brain of the computer. Consists of arithmetic and logic components (ALU), control unit, and Main Memory
- Output Device: Device used to present or display data. Examples: Monitors, projectors, speakers, and others
- Storage: Device used to store data. For example: Hard disk and flash.
b. Software (Software)
Is a computer program created with scripts in a particular programming language. Software is divided into 4 parts, namely:
- Operating System: software that functions to manage the working system of all hardware and software on the computer. For example: Windows, MacOs, Linux, Chrome OS, and others.
- Application: software that is used to perform certain tasks. For example: to make a letter using the Microsoft Office Word application.
- Programming Language: instructions in the form of program code used to create application software. Examples of programming languages can be seen in the article: 15 Most Popular Programming Languages
- Query Language: used to process data in an application. Example SQL
c. Brain Devices (Brainware)
Braiware are computer users, for example: programmers, system analysts, database administrators, and others.
Classification of Information Technology
Information technology is classified into three parts as follows:
a. Classification of Information Technology Based on Processed Data
- Analog Computer
- Digital Computer
- Hybrid Computer
b. Classification of Information Technology Based on System Function
- Special Purpose Computer
- General Purpose Computer
c. Classification of Information Technology Based on Size
- Super Computer
- Intermediate Computer
- Small Computer
- Mini Computer
The classification of information technology is likely to be discussed in detail in a special material.
That is a brief discussion of what is learned in the Introduction to Information Technology Lecture Material.
Hopefully this article can be a reference for making papers or presentation materials. Hopefully useful and don’t forget to share with other friends.